Weather Riddles (with answers) are a unique and entertaining way to learn about the different types of weather and their characteristics. They challenge the mind and encourage critical thinking, as well as provide an opportunity to learn new facts about the weather. With a mix of humor and education, these riddles are a fun and creative way to explore the world of meteorology. Whether you’re a seasoned weather enthusiast or just starting to learn about the elements, Weather Riddles are sure to entertain and educate.
Also, check Biology Riddles and Birthday Riddles
Weather Riddles With Answers
1. What goes up when the rain comes down? Answer: Umbrella.
2. What are all of these things being described: cumulus looks soft and fluffy in form, the stratus has layers and cirrus is thin, cumulonimbus is seen in a storm. Answer: Cloud
3. It is sunny. It is hot. It is windy. It is cold. It’s warm today. Yes, what a lovely day! It’s cold today. Yes, what a terrible day! Answer: Answer
4. I can make the weather change in an instant. You might also guess who some of my team are from the other riddles. Who am I? Answer: Storm
5. Four children and their pet dog were walking under a small umbrella. But none of them became wet. How? Answer: It was not raining!
6. During the rainy season, 10 fat girls have a small umbrella for all of them. Why? Answer: It’s not raining, it’s just a rainy season.
7. When is frosty weather like poesy? Answer: When there is rime on the hedges.
8. What is the weather called when it is raining in turkey? Answer: A fowl weather
9. If there’s one of these nearby make sure you don’t just stop and stare. Get in a shelter and hide from this twisting column of air. Answer: Tornado
10. I occur after a flash of lightning. You can tell how far away I am by counting the seconds after the flash occurs. I am loud. What I am? Answer: Thunder!
11. I happen after a flash but I’m not a photograph. You hear me in a bad storm I am lightning’s other half. Answer: Thunder.
12. I am very dangerous. I am a storm that extends from a cloud. I have very strong winds. People go into ditches or in halls when I come around. What am I? Answer: Tornado
13. I am something that goes up although I am not a kite. I am held over your head to help block rain or sunlight. Answer: Umbrella
14. I am something that cannot be seen, I’m measured on the Beaufort scale. I help to keep a kite in the air and I am what helps ships to sail. Answer: Wind
15. You can hear me rumble after a flash of lightning. I am named after Thor who’s the Norse god of this thing. Answer: Thunder
16. Why is it cold on Christmas? Answer: Because it’s in Decembrrrr!
17. What is the weather called when it is raining in turkey? Answer: Fowl weather.
18. We hear it with our own ears, without seeing it with our own eyes. What is it? Answer: The wind.
19. This isn’t a difficult riddle, it won’t leave you in a muddle. The answer is what falls from a cloud and then leaves behind a puddle. Answer: Rain
20. This is something you see. When outside there’s a storm, it comes down from the clouds and appears in droplet form. Answer: Rain.
21. You can often see my effects although I am not ever seen. I come after cross, whirl and wood and come before sock, mill, and screen. Answer: Wind
22. Why was the soccer field wet on a sunny day? Answer: The players dribbled all over it.
23. Why did the woman go outdoors with her purse open? Answer: Because she expected some change in the weather!
24. What’s a tornado’s favorite game? Answer: Twister!
25. What type of lightning likes to play sports? Answer: Ball lightning!
26. What is the coldest country in the world? Answer: Chili!