Time Riddles (with answers) are a form of puzzles that deal with the concept of time. They challenge one’s understanding and perception of time through thought-provoking questions and scenarios. These riddles require critical thinking and problem-solving skills and often have a twist in their answer that makes them even more intriguing. Whether it’s calculating time differences, predicting future events, or reflecting on the past, Time Riddles are a fun way to exercise your brain and expand your understanding of the elusive concept of time.
Also, check Tree Riddles and Tricky Riddles
Time Riddles With Answers
1. What is harmless but can kill you? Answer: Time
2. What animal keeps the best time? Answer: A watchdog.
3. Some months have 30 days, and some months have 31 days. How many have 28? Answer: All of them.
4. Never ahead, ever behind, Yet flying swiftly past; for a child, I last forever; for an adult, I’m gone too fast. What am I? Answer: Time.
5. Every time you stand up, you lose this. What is it? Answer: Your lap.
6. Every time you lose something, you always find it in the very last place you would look. Why is this? Answer: It is the last place you would look because once you find it there is no need to keep looking.
7. During what month do people sleep the least? Answer: February, it’s the shortest month after all.
8. A man gave one son 10 cents and another son was given 15 cents. What time is it? Answer: 1:45. The man gave away a total of 25 cents. He divided it between two people. Therefore, he gave a quarter to two.
9. A clock chimes 5 times in 4 seconds. How many times will it chime in 10 seconds? Answer: 11 times. It chimes at zero and then once every second for 10 seconds.
10. What time of day, when written in capital letters, is the same forwards, backward and upside down? Answer: Noon.
11. What time is it when you can’t read a clock? Answer: Time to get glasses
12. What is the significance of the following: The year is 1978, thirty-four minutes past noon on May 6th. Answer: The time and month/date/year are 12:34, 5/6/78.
13. What did the digital clock say to its mother? Answer: Look, Ma! No hands!
14. Two people are born at the same time, but they don’t have the same birthdays. How could this be? Answer: They were born in different time zones on different days
15. Round like a biscuit, busy like a bee. Answer: A clock or watch
16. It is a place where you check the countdown for the New Year celebrations. What is it? Answer: A clock
17. I have two bodies joined together as one. When standing still, I ran and ran. What am I? Answer: Hourglass
18. I am the last thing you take off before bed. Answer: Your feet off the floor
19. How many seconds are there in January? Answer: Just one: January 2nd
20. When is 1600 plus 25 and 1700 minus 35 the same thing? Answer: Military Time
21. What time belongs to men twice a day? Answer: 5:14, Upside down on a digital clock it spells “his”
22. What has a face, but can’t smile? Answer: A clock
23. What farm animal keeps the best time? Answer: A watchdog
24. What falls but never breaks, and what breaks but never falls? Answer: Night and day
25. How can 8 + 8 = 4? Answer: When you think in terms of time. 8 AM + 8 hours= 4 o’clock.
Image by digital designer from Pixabay