Grow your knowledge with the help of the below easy and hard sports riddles with answers.
Sports Riddles With Answers For Kids And Students
1. The people practicing this sport have to be weighed before a competition. They wear gloves and move around a ring. They can’t touch the back of their opponent’s neck but can punch them in the face. Answer: boxing
2. Teenagers love doing my sport. You need a helmet and special pads to do me safely. I am done on ramps and in special parks. I am one of the sports in the X Games. You need a board with wheels. You can do many tricks with the board. Answer: skateboarding
3. Played with a racket but not a ball. You hit a thing with ‘feather’ over a net, you can play against one person or in teams of two. Answer: badminton
4. Why did the Pharoah like cheerleaders? Answer: Because they made a pyramid
5. I’m the world’s most popular sport and is played all over the world. Both men and women play. This sport can have two names but it always has two parts and every four years there’s a world cup. Answer: Football / Soccer
Also get: Tennis Riddles
6. I’m playing with a ball and two teams. You can kick, catch and throw the ball but not forward. You score goals but there’s no net and the ball is shaped like an egg. Answer: rugby
7. I’m done on snow but not on skis, I go downhill but can also slide and jump. You can do tricks and it’s a lot of fun but you will fall over when learning how it’s done. Answer: snowboarding
8. I am the only sport that needs a large object. I am done outdoors. I need a lot of wind. I have big sails, a rudder, and a keel. It can be done for fun or for races. My sport is done all over the world and appears in the Olympics. Answer: sailing
9. Each team has six players. It can be played on the beach or a court, over a net. You can hit the ball with your hand but can’t kick it or catch it. Answer: volleyball
10. A man took the shell off of his champion racing snail to make it go faster. Did it work? Answer: No. In fact, the snail became rather sluggish!
11. A guy was waiting at home, he swung a metal pole then took 3 left turns, and on his way back home there was a masked man waiting for him. What is he doing and who is the masked man? Answer: He is playing baseball and the masked man is the Catcher.
12. A dog was tied to a 15-foot rope, but he walked 30 feet. How come? Answer: The rope wasn’t tied to anything.
13. Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the ball. Answer: Baseball
14. In what sport does the offense score without ever even touching the ball? Answer: Baseball
15. In a football game, not a single man scored a goal, yet the final score was 1-0. How can this be? Answer: All the players were women.
16. If you were swimming in the ocean and a big alligator attacked you, what should you do? Answer: Nothing. There are no alligators in the ocean.
17. I’m a ball that rolls but can’t bounce or be thrown. What am I? Answer: Eyeballs
18. I play on a diamond, I play fair, I always get dirty, And then I run home. What Am I? Answer: Baseball Player
19. I am a horse without legs and a body, I jump but never run. What kind of a horse am I? Answer: A chess piece (horse/knight)
20. How do you know that a vampire loves baseball? Answer: Because he turns into a bat every night.
21. How do football players stay cool during the game? Answer: They stand close to the fans
22. How did the soccer fan know before the game that the score would be 0-0? Answer: The score is always 0-0 before the game.
23. How can you make a slow and lazy athlete fast? Answer: Don’t let them eat anything
24. Does it take longer to run from first base to second or second base to third? Answer: Second base to third because there is a shortstop
25. In what sport do waiters do really well? Answer: Tennis, because they can serve so well.
26. A pro fisherman decided to become a pro golfer. In order to buy his clubs he had to sell his boat. How did he list it? Answer: Fore Sail!
27. What do you call it when a dinosaur makes a goal with a soccer ball? Answer: A dino-score
28. What do hockey players and magicians have in common? Answer: Both do hat tricks
29. What do fishermen and boxers have in common? Answer: They both throw hooks!
30. What did the hoop say to the basketball? Answer: May all your wishes come true!
31. What did the baseball glove say to the ball? Answer: Catch you later.
32. What animal is best at hitting a baseball? Answer: A bat
33. We are five little objects of an everyday sort. You will find us all on a tennis court. What are we? Answer: Vowels.
34. Two silkworms were in a race. Who won? Answer: It was a tie.
35. Two people were playing chess and both won. How did this happen? Answer: They were playing against other opponents
36. Two men were playing tennis. They played five sets and each man won three sets. How can this be possible? Answer: The two men were partners playing doubles.
37. This object can be driven, but has no wheels, and can also be sliced and remain whole. What is it? Answer: A Golf Ball.
38. There’s one “sport” in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends. What is it? Answer: Boxing
39. There was a man who everybody called Batman he knew nothing about bats and thought they were gross. He still loved it when people called him Batman! How could this be? Answer: He was the star baseball player!
40. People from what country never fail to complete a marathon? Answer: The Finnish
41. What is the best advice to give a young baseball player? Answer: If you don’t succeed at first, try second base.
42. What is served, but not by a waiter; and an ace but not a card? Answer: A volleyball: serving is a classic volleyball move, and a service that drops without the opposing team touching it is called an ace.
43. What is it that leaps and runs and yet has no feet? Answer: A ball
44. What is harder to catch the faster you run? Answer: Your breath
45. What is an insect’s favorite sport? Answer: Cricket
46. What is a Cheerleader’s favorite food? Answer: Cheerios
47. What is a cheerleader’s favorite drink? Answer: Root beer
48. What is a butterfly’s favorite sport? Answer: Swimming
49. What has 22 legs and 2 wings? Answer: A football team!
50. What has 18 legs and catches flies? Answer: A baseball team
51. What game makes the most noise? Answer: Tennis- you can’t play it without raising a racket!
52. What game can be dangerous to your mental health? Answer: Marbles, you don’t want to lose them.
53. What do you serve that you can’t eat? Answer: A tennis ball.
54. What do you get if your sheep studies karate? Answer: A lamb chop.
55. When does boxing day come before Christmas? Answer: In the dictionary.
56. When can you put things in a basket and never fill it up? Answer: In the game of basketball
57. When can you jump over three men without getting up? Answer: In a checker game
58. When a girl slips on the ice, why can’t her brother help her up? Answer: He can’t be a brother and assist her (a sister).
59. What’s a sheep’s favorite game? Answer: Baa-dminton
60. What’s the first game in the Bible? Answer: Baseball Why: because In the big inning, Eve stole first, and Adam stole second. Cain struck out Abel, and the Prodigal Son came home. The Giants and the Angels were rained out. Ha ha ha ha ha
61. What’s the difference between a dog and a basketball player? Answer: One drool, the other dribbles.
62. What was the spider doing on the baseball team? Answer: Catching flies.
63. What time does a tennis player get up? Answer: Ten-ish.
64. What sport can also be eaten? Answer: Squash
65. What sport are waiters and waitresses the best at? Answer: Tennis, because they are great at serving.
66. What song was the baseball player singing on third base? Answer: “There’s no place like home.”
67. What position do pigs play on the baseball field? Answer: Short-stop.
68. What part of a football ground is never the same? Answer: The changing rooms
69. What kind of ball has feet but cannot walk? Answer: A football
70. What is the hardest part about skydiving? Answer: The ground
71. What is the best way to win a race? Answer: Run faster than anybody else
72. Why did the golfer change his socks? Answer: He had a hole-in-one.
73. Why did the football team go to the bank? Answer: To get a quarterback!
74. Why did the basketball player go to jail? Answer: Because he shot the ball.
75. Why did the baseball coach hire a piano player? Answer: Because his player had the perfect pitch!
76. Why did the baseball batter go crazy? Answer: The pitcher kept throwing screwballs.
77. Why did Tarzan spend so much time on the golf course? Answer: He was perfecting his swing.
78. Why can’t you play basketball with pigs? Answer: Because they will “hog” the ball!
79. Why can’t turtles play baseball? Answer: They can’t run home.
80. Why are soccer fields always unsure about what to do? Answer: Because they have two opposing goals.
81. Why are penguins, good race drivers? Answer: Because they’re always in the pole position.
82. Why are basketball players, such messy eaters? Answer: Because they dribble
83. Who are the happiest people at the football game? Answer: Cheerleaders
84. Where do great dragon baseball players go? Answer: To the Hall Of Flame.
85. When is a baby good at basketball? Answer: When it’s dribbling!
86. Why weren’t the tennis players allowed in the restaurant? Answer: Because they make too many racquets.
87. Why were the tennis players arrested? Answer: Because they had racquets.
88. Why is the baseball field hot after a game? Answer: All the fans left.
89. Why is tennis such a loud sport? Answer: Because there are a lot of racquets.
90. Why is someone who borrows money but does not pay it all back like a football player? Answer: Because sometimes he gives you a quarter back and sometimes a half back.
91. Why is it always hot at the end of a football game? Answer: Because all of the FANS have gone home.
92. Why is a tennis game so loud? Answer: Because the players raise a racquet.
93. Why don’t chickens play baseball? Answer: Because they hit fowl balls.
94. Why do you run faster when you have a cold? Answer: You have a racing pulse and a running nose.
95. Why do good bowlers play so slowly? Answer: Because they have time to spare.
96. Why do basketball players love donuts? Answer: Because they can dunk them.