According to Pinkvilla, as of 2023, Salman Khan has an estimated net worth of approximately $350 million, which is roughly equivalent to INR 2900 crores. He is recognized as one of the highest-earning actors in India, and his income is derived from a diverse set of sources, including:
1. Acting: Salman Khan commands a fee of approximately INR 100 crores, or about $12 million, for each film he appears in. In addition to his upfront fee, he also shares in the profits generated by his films, which can vary based on their box office performance.
2. Bigg Boss: Salman Khan has been the host of the immensely popular reality show, Bigg Boss, starting from its fourth season. Reports suggest that he charges an impressive Rs. 20 crores per episode for his hosting duties.
3. Brand Endorsements: Salman Khan’s immense popularity in India has made him a sought-after figure for brand endorsements. It’s estimated that he garners approximately INR 200 crores annually from these endorsements.
4. Production House: Salman Khan operates his own production company known as Salman Khan Films. He not only produces films under this banner but also reaps earnings of around INR 100 crores per year from the profits generated by these films.
5. Other Ventures: Salman Khan also has interests in various businesses. He owns a clothing line named Being Human, a restaurant chain known as Franchise India, and a fitness center called SK27 Gym. Additionally, he invests in real estate and possesses properties in Mumbai, Panvel, and Dubai. While the precise income from these ventures isn’t publicly disclosed, it is believed to exceed Rs. 20 crores annually.
More About Salman Khan
- Full Name: Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan
- Born: 27 December 1965
- Place: Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
- Occupations: Actor, Film Producer, and Television Presenter
- Net Worth: Approx. $350 million
Early Life and Background:
Birth and Family: Salman Khan, originally named Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan, was born on December 27, 1965, in Indore, India. He hails from a prominent Bollywood family. His father is Salim Khan, a renowned screenwriter, and his mother is Salma Khan, of Maharashtrian Hindu descent. Additionally, he has a stepmother, Helen, a former actress and dancer.
Siblings: Salman Khan has two younger brothers, Arbaaz Khan and Sohail Khan, both of whom are also involved in the entertainment industry. He also has two sisters, Alvira Khan Agnihotri and Arpita Khan Sharma. Arpita was adopted by his parents when she was a baby.
Debut Film: Salman made his acting debut in the film “Biwi Ho To Aisi” in 1988, but his breakthrough came with “Maine Pyar Kiya” in 1989, which was a massive success. He earned a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Actor for his role in the film.
’90s Stardom: Throughout the 1990s, he established himself as one of Bollywood’s leading actors with hit films like “Hum Aapke Hain Koun…!” (1994), “Karan Arjun” (1995), “Saajan” (1991), “Andaz Apna Apna” (1994), “Judwaa” (1997), and “Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya” (1998).
Blockbusters: Salman Khan delivered a string of blockbuster films in the 2000s and 2010s, including “Wanted” (2009), “Dabangg” (2010), “Ek Tha Tiger” (2012), and “Bajrangi Bhaijaan” (2015). He also starred in critically acclaimed films such as “Tere Naam” (2003), “Dabangg” (2010), and “Sultan” (2016). He has featured in the highest-grossing Hindi films of ten years, an achievement unmatched by any other actor.
Commercial Success: He is renowned for his commercial success and iconic roles in action, romance, and family-oriented films.
Host of Bigg Boss: Salman Khan became a household name as the host of the popular Indian reality show “Bigg Boss” from season 4 onwards. His charismatic hosting style garnered a massive viewership. He also hosted other shows such as “10 Ka Dum” and “Dus Ka Dum.”
Legal Issues: Salman Khan has been embroiled in several legal cases, including the infamous 2002 hit-and-run case and the 1998 blackbuck poaching case. He was acquitted in the 2002 hit-and-run case in 2015, but his conviction was reinstated by the Supreme Court in 2016. He was granted bail in the 1998 blackbuck poaching case in 2018, but the case is still pending.
Awards: He has won numerous awards, including National Film Awards and Filmfare Awards. Some of his notable awards include the National Film Award for Best Children’s Film for “Chillar Party” (2012) and the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor for “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai” (1999).
Highest-Paid Actor: Salman Khan consistently ranks as one of the highest-paid actors in India and has been featured on Forbes’ list of top-earning actors in the world. In 2018, he was ranked 82nd on Forbes’ list of top-earning celebrities worldwide.
Relationships: Salman Khan’s personal life has been a subject of media interest due to his relationships with various celebrities. Some of his famous ex-girlfriends include Sangeeta Bijlani, Aishwarya Rai, Katrina Kaif, and Iulia Vantur.
Being Human: Salman Khan founded the charitable organization “Being Human,” which focuses on providing healthcare and education to the underprivileged. The brand also includes a clothing line, accessories, and jewelry.
Philanthropy: In addition to “Being Human,” he has supported various charitable causes and disaster relief efforts.
Legacy: Salman Khan continues to enjoy immense popularity in Indian cinema, and his fan base remains strong.
Cultural Icon: He is regarded as a cultural icon and an influential figure in the Indian film industry. He is known by various nicknames such as Sallu, Bhaijaan, and Tiger.
Salman Khan’s life and career have been marked by both tremendous success and occasional controversies, making him a significant figure in Bollywood and beyond.