Grow your knowledge with the help of the below easy and hard river riddles with answers.
River Riddles With Answers For Kids And Students
1. This river in England separates Manchester and Salford city centers. It flows near the heart of Manchester city center to become the start of the “Big Ditch”. What is this river called? Answer: River Irwell
2. The Amazon, the world’s largest river in terms of discharge volume, travels through six countries. How many national capitals are located on this river? Answer: Answer: Zero
3. India was named after the River Indus. What is Indus called in Hindi? Answer: Sindhu
4. If you were sitting at a riverside cafe in Rouen, France, what river would you be watching flow by? Answer: Seine
Also get: Wolf Riddles
5. I have no legs. I will never walk but always run. What am I? Answer: A river.
6. I have a bed but I do not sleep. I have a mouth but I don’t eat. You hear me whisper, but I never talk. You can see me run, yet I never walk. What am I? Answer: A river.
7. Early Shoshone Native Americans made a curved shape with their hands to convey to early explorers, “This river has a good run of salmon”. Europeans mistook the sign and named the river what? Answer: Snake
8. You enter the Hudson River Estuary from Upper New York Bay. Your goal is Albany, the state capital of New York. In which direction will you be going? Answer: North
9. Why is a river rich? Answer: It has two banks.
10. Where do fish wash? Answer: In a river basin.
11. Where do fish deposit their money? Answer: On the river bank.
12. What has five eyes, but cannot see? Answer: The Mississippi River.
13. What has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps, can run but never walks, and has a bank but no money? Answer: A river.
Image source: freepik.com