Here are some reading quotes for kids and students which will help you to know the importance of reading. Reading is incredibly important for kids for a variety of reasons. Here are just a few:
- It helps to improve language skills and vocabulary. As kids read, they are exposed to new words and ideas, which helps to improve their language skills and build their vocabulary.
- It helps to improve concentration and focus. When kids read, they have to focus on the words and the story, which helps to improve their ability to concentrate and focus on tasks.
- It helps to improve comprehension skills. When kids read, they have to understand what they are reading in order to make sense of the story. This helps to improve their comprehension skills and their ability to understand written material.
- It helps to improve writing skills. When kids read, they are exposed to different writing styles and techniques, which can help to improve their own writing skills.
- It helps to improve imagination and creativity. As kids read, they are transported to new worlds and environments, which helps to stimulate their imagination and creativity.
- It helps to improve critical thinking skills. When kids read, they have to think about what they are reading and analyze the information, which helps to improve their critical thinking skills.
Overall, reading is incredibly important for kids as it helps to improve language skills, focus and concentration, comprehension skills, writing skills, imagination and creativity, and critical thinking skills.
Reading Quotes For Kids And Students
1. “Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.” ― Joseph Addison
2. “The reading of all good books is like a conversation with the finest minds of past centuries.” ― Rene Descartes
3. “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.” ― George R.R. Martin
4. “If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.” ― Albert Einstein
5. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” ― Dr. Seuss
Also get: Best knowledge quotes for kids
6. “It is what you read when you don’t have to that determines what you will be when you can’t help it.” ― Oscar Wilde
7. “Reading should not be presented to children as a chore, a duty. It should be offered as a gift.” ― Kate DiCamillo
8. “The best advice I ever got was that knowledge is power and to keep reading.” ― David Bailey
9. “It’s good to know how to read, but it’s dangerous to know how to read and not how to interpret what you’re reading.” ― Mike Tyson
10. “The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.” ― Mark Twain
11. “Education begins the gentleman, but reading, good company and reflection must finish him.” ― John Locke
12. “Reading is an exercise in empathy; an exercise in walking in someone else’s shoes for a while.” ― Malorie Blackman
13. “Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its creative pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.” ― Albert Einstein
14. “Children need to get a high-quality education, avoid violence and the criminal-justice system, and gain jobs. But they deserve more. We want them to learn not only reading and math but fairness, caring, self-respect, family commitment, and civic duty.” ― Colin Powell
15. “Reading and writing, like everything else, improve with practice. And, of course, if there are no young readers and writers, there will shortly be no older ones. Literacy will be dead, and democracy – which many believe goes hand in hand with it – will be dead as well.” ― Margaret Atwood
16. “Read, read, read. Read everything — trash, classics, good and bad, and see how they do it. Just like a carpenter who works as an apprentice and studies the master. Read! You’ll absorb it. Then write. If it’s good, you’ll find out. If it’s not, throw it out of the window.” ― William Faulkner
17. “Reading was my escape and my comfort, my consolation, my stimulant of choice: reading for the pure pleasure of it, for the beautiful stillness that surrounds you when you hear an author’s words reverberating in your head.” ― Paul Auster
18. “Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it’s a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it’s a way of making contact with someone else’s imagination after a day that’s all too real.” ― Nora Ephron
19. “People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading.” ― Logan Pearsall Smith
20. “Reading furnishes the mind only with materials of knowledge; it is thinking that makes what we read ours.” ― John Locke
21. “Reading brings us unknown friends” ― Honore de Balzac
22. “Reading is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another’s skin, another’s voice, another’s soul.” ― Joyce Carol Oates
23. “Reading is like thinking, like praying, like talking to a friend, like expressing your ideas, like listening to other people’s ideas, like listening to music, like looking at the view, like taking a walk on the beach.” ― Roberto Bolaño
24. “We read books to find out who we are. What other people, real or imaginary, do and think and feel… is an essential guide to our understanding of what we ourselves are and may become.” ― Ursula K. LeGuin
25. “Reading was a joy, a desperately needed escape — I didn’t read to learn, I was reading to read.” ― Christian Bauman
26. “Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.” ― Angela Carter
27. “When we read a story, we inhabit it. The covers of the book are like a roof and four walls. What is to happen next will take place within the four walls of the story. And this is possible because the story’s voice makes everything its own.” ― John Berger
Image by pch.vector on Freepik