Grow your knowledge with the help of the below easy and hard pet riddles with answers.
Pet Riddles With Answers For Kids And Students
1. I may be your best friend, but I depend on you. On the brink of danger, it is you I will defend. What am I? Answer: A dog.
2. I have a house with no doors no windows, nothing. If I want to get out I break the wall. Who am I? Answer: Chicken as if it wants to come out breaks the wall.
3. How far can a dog run into the woods? Answer: Halfway, any farther and he would be running out of the woods.
4. How do you know when your cat has been using your computer? Answer: When your mouse has teeth marks on it!
5. How can you tell the difference between dogs and trees? Answer: By their bark.
Also get: Pig Riddles
6. Four hang, four sprang, two-point the way, two to ward off dogs, one dangles after, always rather dirty. What am I? Answer: A cow.
7. Forward I am an animal, but backward I am one who no man can ever see. What am I? Answer: I am a dog.
8. All of Mrs. Smith’s pets are dogs except one, and all her pets are cats except one. How many cats and dogs do she have? Answer: Mrs. Smith has one cat and one dog.
9. A pig lives on a pig farm, a cow lives on a cow farm, a sheep lives on a sheep farm, and a chicken lives on a chicken farm. Where do horses live? Answer: On a ranch.
10. A mouse, a squirrel, a duck, a chicken, and an elephant are sitting on the side of the road. Someone offers them a lift, but one prefers to stay. Who preferred to stay? Answer: The Elephant Stayed. If you didn’t know, elephants are scared of mice.
11. A fast-food restaurant sells chicken in orders of 6,9 and 20. What’s the largest number of pieces of chicken you cannot order from the restaurant? Answer: 43 is the last number that doesn’t fall into these categories.
12. A dog had three puppies, named Mopsy, Topsy, and Spot. What was the mother’s name? Answer: What
13. What animal keeps the best time? Answer: A Watchdog
14. Two dogs are sitting on a porch – a fat dog and a thin dog. The little dog is the son of the fat dog, but the fat dog is not the father of the thin dog. Can you explain? Answer: The fat dog is the mother.
15. Twenty-seven ducks are going to the pond. Five of them got lost, thirteen of them are staying home, and nine of them are at the pond. Where are the rest of them? Answer: There aren’t any anywhere else.
16. Petting a cat often evokes this response. Answer: Purr
17. It is said among my people that some things are improved by death. Tell me, what stinks while living, but in death, smells good? Answer: A Pig.
18. If there are four sheep, two dogs, and one herds-men, how many feet are there? Answer: Two. Sheep have hooves; dogs have paws; only people have feet.
19. If it takes 5 microwaves and 5 minutes to cook 5 chickens, how long does it take 100 microwaves to cook 100 chickens? Answer: 5 minutes. We can assume that one chicken is placed in each microwave and that each chicken takes 5 minutes to cook.
20. If a dog is tied to a piece of rope that is 6m long, how can he reach a bone that is 7m away? Answer: The other end is not tied to anything.
21. I’m like a dog with a tail that wags and all but am not a dog. What am I? Answer: I am a puppy.
22. I’m a pet that has four legs, and a tail at the end. You might hear me barking, and I’m known as man’s best friend. Answer: Dog.
23. What do you give a sick pig? Answer: An “oinkment”
24. What do you call a pig that does karate? Answer: A Porkchop.
25. What do you call a crate of ducks? Answer: A box of Quakers!
26. What do you call a chicken with bad sunburn? Answer: Fried Chicken.
27. What did the scientist get when he crossed a chicken and a cow? Answer: Roost beef.
28. What animals are the best pets? Answer: Cats, because they are purr-fect!
29. What animal would you get crossed a duck, a beaver, and an otter? Answer: A platypus.
30. What type of dog does a vampire have? Answer: A Bloodhound!
31. What time does a duck get up? Answer: At the quack of dawn.
32. What position do pigs play on the baseball field? Answer: Short-stop.
33. What pen should never be used for writing? Answer: A pig-pen.
34. What kind of dog does Dracula have? Answer: A blood-hound.
35. What is the nearest thing to a cat with its nose pressed to the window watching a bird? Answer: The window
36. What is more amazing than a talking dog? Answer: A spelling bee
37. What is a dog’s name with one letter and one number? Answer: K9 (canine).
38. What happens to the dog when it stands in front of the hot sun? Answer: It becomes a hotdog.
39. What happened when the rubber duckie fell into the bathtub? Answer: It quacked up.
40. What does the cow say when he agrees with the duck? Answer: The feeling is mootual.
41. What does a dog become when it walks from Britain to Spain? Answer: Perro.
42. Why did the chicken cross the playground? Answer: To get to the other slide!
43. Who is the meanest goat in the west? Answer: Billy the Kid.
44. While on my way to St. Ives, I saw a man with 7 wives. Each wife had 7 sacks. Each sack had 7 cats. Each cat had 7 kittens. Kittens, cats, sacks, wives, How many were going to St. Ives? Answer: Just one, me.
45. Which one of your pets should you scare on Halloween? Answer: Scare-de-cat!
46. Where should you put a noisy dog? Answer: In a barking lot!
47. When is the worst weather for rats and mice? Answer: When it rains cats and dogs.
48. What’s it called when a cat wins a dog show? Answer: A cat-has-trophy!
49. What would you name your dogs Rolex and Timex? Answer: If you needed some watchdogs!
50. What wears a coat all year round? Answer: A dog.
51. What type of dogs do scientists have? Answer: Laboratory retrievers.
52. You’re never too old to learn. What is the contradictory proverb? Answer: You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.
53. You walk into a room with a rabbit holding a carrot, a pig eating slop, and a chimp holding a banana. Which animal in the room is the smartest? Answer: You, hopefully.
54. Why was the Easter egg hiding? Answer: It was a little chicken!
55. Why was the dog kicked out of the flea circus? Answer: Because he stole the show!
56. Why was the chicken forbidden from sending e-mails? Answer: Because he kept using fowl language.
57. Why don’t dogs make good dancers? Answer: Because they have two left feet.
58. Why does a chicken coop have two doors? Answer: Because, if it had four it would be a sedan.
59. Why do you need a license for a dog but not for a cat? Answer: Cats can’t drive!
60. Why do chickens lay eggs? Answer: Because if they drop them, they will break.
61. Why did the turkey cross the road? Answer: To prove he wasn’t chicken.
62. Why did the squirrel lay only its back on the river? Answer: To keep its “nuts” dry.
63. Why did the duck get fired from his Easter job? Answer: He kept quacking the eggs.
64. Why did the chicken cross the road twice, and jump in the mud? Answer: He was a dirty double-crosser.