Grow your knowledge with the help of the below easy and hard mystery riddles with answers.
Mystery Riddles With Answers For Kids And Students
1. There was a plane crash every single person died. Who survived? Answer: Married couples.
2. The more you have of it, the less you see. What is it? Answer: Darkness
3. One winter day, there was a man standing in the middle of someone’s front yard. The person stayed there for several weeks without moving and the owner of the yard didn’t mind. Eventually, the man left. Who was the man? Answer: A snowman.
4. If I have it, I don’t share it. If I share it, I don’t have it. What is it? Answer: A secret.
5. I’m at the beginning of the end and the start of eternity, at the end of time and space, in the middle of yesterday but nowhere in tomorrow. What am I? Answer: The letter “e”.
6. I look flat, but I am deep, Hidden realms I shelter. Lives I take, but the food I offer. At times I am beautiful. I can be calm, angry, and turbulent. I have no heart but offer pleasure as well as death. No man can own me, yet I encompass what all men must have. Answer: Ocean.
Also get: Music Riddles
7. I have cities, but no houses. I have mountains, but no trees. I have water, but no fish. What am I? Answer: A map.
8. I can only live where there is light, but I die if the light shines on me. What am I? Answer: A shadow.
9. I am a 5-letter word. Take away the first letter and I am a country’s name. Take away the first two letters and I become the opposite of the 5 letter word. Who am I? Answer: Woman, oman, man.
10. At night they come without being fetched. By day they are lost without being stolen. What are they? Answer: Stars.
11. A man is found murdered on a Sunday morning. His wife calls the police, who question the wife and the staff, and are given the following alibis: the wife says she was sleeping, the butler was cleaning the closet, the gardener was picking vegetables, the maid was getting the mail, and the cook was preparing breakfast. Immediately, the police arrest the murderer. Who did it and how did the police know? Answer: The maid. There is no mail on Sundays.
12. You can hold it without seeing or touching it! What is that? Answer: Your breath.
13. What is so delicate that saying its name breaks it? Answer: Silence
14. Two girls ate dinner together. They both ordered iced tea. One girl drank them very fast and had finished five in the time it took the other to drink just one. The girl who drank one died while the other survived. All of the drinks were poisoned. How is that possible? Answer: The poison was in the ice.
15. This is as light as a feather, yet no man can hold it for long. What am I? Answer: Your Breath.
16. I have no life, but I can die, what am I? Answer: A battery.
17. Everyone has me but nobody can lose me. What am I? Answer: A shadow
18. All about, but cannot be seen. Can be captured, but cannot be held. No throat, but can be heard. What is it? Answer: The wind.
19. A woman shoots her husband, then holds him underwater for five minutes. A little while later, they both go out and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be? Answer: She shot her husband with a camera and then developed the photo.
20. A man was shot to death while in his car. There were no powder marks on his clothing which indicated that the gunman was outside the car. However, all the windows were up and the doors locked. After a close inspection was made, the only bullet holes discovered were on the man’s body. How was he murdered? Answer: The victim was in a convertible.
21. A couple went on a climbing trip. But only the husband returned from the vacation and said that his wife slipped off while climbing and died. On investigating, the local sheriff arrested him saying, ‘Your travel agent called. You murdered your wife.’ The man did not inform anyone about the trip. Then how did the agent was so sure that it is a murder? Answer: The man bought only a one-way ticket for his wife whereas he bought a two-way ticket for himself. It means that he was sure that he will be returning alone.
22. Why don’t angry witches ride their brooms? Answer: They’re afraid of flying off the handle.
23. Where can you find rivers with no water, cities with no buildings, and forests with no trees? Answer: In maps.
24. What tells you how you look without speaking? Answer: A mirror
25. What subject in school is easy for a witch? Answer: Spell-ing!
26. What goes through a door but never goes in and never comes out? Answer: A keyhole.
27. What comes down but never goes up? Answer: Rain.
28. They have no flesh, feathers, scales, or bone. Yet they have fingers and thumbs of their own. What are they? Answer: Gloves.
29. Slayer of regrets, old and new, sought by many, found by few. What am I? Answer: Redemption
30. Imagine you’re in a room that is filled with water. There are no windows or doors. How do you get out? Answer: Stop imagining!
31. I visit you every night even if you don’t call me. I’m lost every day. What Am I? Answer: Stars
32. I speak without a mouth and hear without ears. I have nobody, but I come alive with the wind. What am I? Answer: An echo
33. I sleep when you are awake, I am awake when you fall asleep. I can fly but no feathers to aid my flight. What am I? Answer: Bat.