Grow your knowledge with the help of the below easy, hard long riddles with answers.
Long Riddles With Answers For Kids And Students
1. What can run but never walk, have a mouth but never talk, have a head that never weeps, and a bed that never sleeps? Answer: A river.
2. There are 25 red balls, 47 green balls, and 3 blue balls in a basket. There is a blind man. What is the minimum number of balls that the blind man has to pick to make sure that there are at least 2 balls of different colors? Answer: 48 balls. There is a small chance he may pick up 47 green balls in a row.
3. Oh, how I love my dancing feet! They stay together – oh so neat. And when I want to walk a line, They all stay together and do double time. I count them up, ten times or more, And race on-off, across the floor. Answer: Centipede.
4. I am small, but, when entire, of force to set a town on fire; Let but one letter disappear, I then can hold a herd of deer; Take one more off, and then you’ll find I once contained all humankind. Answer: Spark.
Also get: Light Riddles
5. How can you throw a ball as hard as you can only to have it come back to you without it bouncing off of anything? Answer: Throw the ball straight into the air.
6. A precious stone, as clear as a diamond. Seek it out while the sun’s near the horizon. Though you can walk on water with its power, try to keep it, and it’ll vanish in an hour. Answer: Ice.
7. A hundred years I once did live, and often wholesome food did give, yet all that time I ne’er did roam, so much as a half a mile from my home, my days were spent devoid of strife, until at last, I lost my life. And since my death – I pray give ear, I oft have traveled far and near. Answer: Tree.
8. Your friends came over and prepared a surprise party while you were sleeping. They got food boxes, present boxes, and congratulatory cards. What do you open first? Answer: Your eyes.
9. With me you are blind, To others and what they are, Over me, you cannot see, Even though I’m in your head, I am full of myself, I think I’m better than you, I’m a horrible thing to be, Can you tell me, What am I? Answer: Ignorance.
10. White fat and fluffy, May even look like a puppy. Seems heavy but is light, Floats about without a worry, But if it turns dark you have to hurry! Answer: Cloud.
11. When I am visible to you, you cannot see me, but when I am invisible, you long to see me. I am plenty with someone patient, but all the more scarce with a hasty one. I am greater than all, but still in the control of those who value my existence. Who am I? Answer: Time.
12. I am the beginning of the end of time and space that surrounds everything and every place. What am I? Answer: The letter “E”.
13. How is it possible to drop an egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it? Answer: Concrete floors won’t crack from an egg dropping on them.
14. A man attending his mother’s funeral sees a woman in another pew, and experiences love at first sight. He tries to find her but has no luck. A few weeks later, he kills his sister. Why does he kill his sister? Answer: He kills his sister in hopes of seeing the woman at her funeral.
15. What is able to go up a chimney when down but unable to go down a chimney when up? Answer: An umbrella.
16. Two fathers and two sons come home from the mall. Yet when they arrive home, only three people get out of the car. How is this possible? Answer: They are a grandfather, father, and son.
17. Three different doctors said that Paul is their brother yet Paul claims he has no brothers. Who is lying? Answer: No one is lying because the three doctors are Paul’s sisters.
18. There is a single-story blue house where everything is blue; the doors, windows, couch, television, kitchen, etc. are blue. What color is the carpet on the stairs in this house? Answer: There are no stairs, it’s a one-story house.
19. The person who makes it and the person who buys it have no use for it and the person who uses it never sees it or feels it. What is it? Answer: Coffin.
20. My buddies and I were inseparable mates until one by one we were split. My teacher then gave me a smack on the head so off to the corner I sit. What am I? Answer: A staple.
21. If a plane came crashing down on the border between Canada and America, where are the survivors buried? Answer: You don’t bury the survivors.
Image by pch.vector on Freepik