Grow your knowledge with the help of the below easy, hard IQ riddles with answers.
IQ Riddles With Answers For Kids And Students
1. What number gives the same amount when it is added to 3 as when it is multiplied by 3? Answer: 11⁄2. We need 3x = x + 3, so 2x = 3, or x = 2⁄2 (or 11⁄2).
2. What do math teachers like to eat? Answer: Pi(e).
3. Ten copycats were sitting on a boat when one jumped out. How many were left? Answer: None. They were copycats so they all jumped out.
4. If you were born in an odd-numbered year, will you celebrate your 50th birthday in an odd or even year? Answer: Odd.
Also get: Interview Riddles
5. If you multiply me by any other number, the answer will always remain the same. What number am I? Answer: 0
6. If there are three cups of sugar and you take one away, how many do you have? Answer: One cup.
7. I have two coins equaling fifteen cents. One of them is not a nickel, so what are the two coins? Answer: A dime and a nickel; one of them is not a nickel but one of them is.
8. I am a three-digit number. My second digit is four times bigger than the third digit. My first digit is three less than my second digit. Who am I? Answer: 141.
9. You are participating in a race. If you overtake the last person in a race, what position are you in? Answer: You cannot overtake the last person in a race. You can only overtake a person who is ahead or in front of you in a race.
10. Which two numbers make a one-digit number when they are multiplied but a two-digit number when they are added together? Answer: One and nine.
11. When you add eight 8’s, the result you get will be 1,000. When solely using addition, how is this possible? Answer: 888 + 88 + 8 + 8 + 8 = 1,000
12. When does 11 + 3 = 2? Answer: On a clock.
13. If today is Sunday, what day of the week will it be 4400 days from today? Answer: Thursday. The division 4400 / 7 gives 628 remainders 4. This means that 628 weeks go by and there are 4 extra days. This puts us on Thursday.
14. If there are 3 apples and you take 2 away, how many apples do you have? Answer: You will have 2 apples since you took 2 apples.
15. Find the odd one out: First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth. Answer: Forth. It should be the Fourth.
16. What is two days after the day after the day before yesterday? Answer: Tomorrow. The day before yesterday was two days ago; the day after the day before yesterday was yesterday; two days after that (yesterday) is tomorrow.
17. What is special about the number 854,917,632? Answer: It’s the numbers from one to nine in alphabetical order.
18. Six glasses are in a single row. The first three glasses are filled with water and the rest are empty. Move only one glass so that empty and filled glasses are aligned alternately. Answer: Pour the water from the 2nd glass into the 5th glass.
19. Only mental calculation is allowed. Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the total? Answer: 4100. A lot of people will get 5000 which is wrong.
20. If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now? Answer: You would be in 2nd place. You thought first place, right? Well, you passed the guy in second place, not first.
21. If you had one match and entered a dark room in which there were a kerosene lamp, an oil burner, and a wood-burning stove, what do you light first? Answer: The match.
22. If you are eight feet away from a door and with each move you advance half the distance to the door. How many moves will it take to reach the door? Answer: It will never be reached because you will always be half-distance.
Image by Freepik