Grow your knowledge with the help of the below easy and hard holiday riddles with answers.
Holiday Riddles With Answers For Kids And Students
1. What parade is held each year on New Year’s Day? Answer: The Tournament of Roses Parade, also known as the Rose Bowl Parade, occurs each New Year’s Day in Pasadena, California.
2. What do you tell someone you didn’t see on New Year’s Eve? Answer: “I haven’t seen you for a year!”
3. What day marks the beginning of the New Year for followers of the Jewish religion? Answer: Rosh Hashanah is the beginning of the New Year for members of the Jewish religion. The Hebrew translation means “Beginning of Year”.
4. The day before yesterday, Chris was 7 years old. Next year, she’ll turn 10. How is this possible? Answer: Today is Jan. 1st. Yesterday, December 31, was Chris’s 8th birthday. On December 30, she was still 7. This year she will turn 9, and next year, she’ll turn 10.
Also get: Hobbit Riddles
5. One lady ordered a fast-delivery pizza and her order came the next year. How is this possible? Answer: She ordered the pizza for New Year’s Day.
6. It is a place where you check the countdown for the New Year celebrations. What is it? Answer: A clock
7. It is a cracker that cannot be eaten. What is it? Answer: Firecracker
8. How many birthdays does the average woman have? Answer: One birthday, the rest are just birthday celebrations or parties.
9. When does New Year’s Day come before Christmas Day? Answer: Every year!
10. When does Mickey Mouse put up his new calendar? Answer: On New Ears Day!
11. What’s the problem with jogging on New Year’s Eve? Answer: The ice falls out of your drinks!
12. I wonder what vampires put on their turkeys at Christmas? Answer: Grave-y
13. How do you know if Santa is really a werewolf? Answer: He has Santa claws.
14. Do the female deer like Mrs. Claus? Answer: Yes. They FAWN all over her.
15. Who were the first people in history to celebrate the New Year and make New Year’s resolutions? Answer: Around 4000 years ago the Babylonians were the first to celebrate New Year’s. Their most common resolution was to resolve to return borrowed farm equipment in the New Year.
16. Who invented fireworks, used around the world to celebrate the New Year? Answer: The Chinese invented fireworks. The Chinese New Year is celebrated on the 2nd New Moon after the winter solstice, determined by the Lunar Calendar.
17. Who established January 1 as the start of the New Year? Answer: Julius Caesar declared January 1 the start of the new year when he established the Julian Calendar. January was named for Janus, the two-faced god who looked both ahead to the new year and back to the previous year.
18. What kind of belt does Santa wear? Answer: A snow belt
19. What is the expected outcome of a cross between an apple and a Christmas tree? Answer: A pineapple
20. What is Santa’s favorite 80’s metal rock band? Answer: Sleigher
21. What do snowman call snowflakes? Answer: Stem cells
Image by Freepik