Grow your knowledge with the help of the below hard riddles with answers.
Hard Riddles With Answers For Kids And Students
1. I am the beginning of the end of time and space that surrounds everything and every place. What am I? Answer: The letter “E”.
2. I am taken from a mine, and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost everybody. What am I? Answer: Pencil lead.
3. I am something people celebrate or resist. I change people’s thoughts and lives. I am obvious to some people but, to others, I am a mystery. What am I? Answer: Age.
4. I am present at the beginning of love, the start of life and I am the end of evil. What am I? Answer: The letter ‘L’.
Also get: Anagrams with answers
5. I am laced twice in eternity and always within sight. What could I be? Answer: The letter “T”.
6. How many words are in a Dictionary? Answer: Two. ‘A’ & ‘Dictionary’
7. How many letters are in the alphabet? Answer: Eleven letters are in “the alphabet”.
8. How do eight eights add up to one thousand? Answer: 888 + 88 + 8 + 8 + 8 = 1000.
9. How can you drop a glass onto a hard floor without smashing it? Answer: A glass won’t smash a hard floor!
10. How can the number four be half of five? Answer: IV, the Roman numeral for four, is half (two letters) of the word five.
11. A is the brother of B. B is the brother of C. C is the father of D. How is D related to A? Answer: A is D’s aunt.
12. A barrel of water weighed 60 pounds. Someone put something in it and now it weighs 40 pounds. What did the person add? Answer: A hole.
13. There are two fathers and two sons at a table but there are only three people sitting at the table. How is this possible? Answer: They are a Grandfather, Father, and Son.
14. There are 6 sisters. Each sister has 1 brother. How many brothers are in the sister’s family? Answer: 1 brother.
15. The more there is, the less you see. What am I? Answer: Darkness.
16. People in poverty have this. If you eat this you will die. What is it? Answer: Nothing.
17. Nobody has ever walked this way. Which way is it? Answer: The Milky Way.
18. If an electric train is moving north at 55 mph and the winds blowing east at 70 mph, which way does the smoke blow? Answer: An electric train doesn’t emit smoke.
19. I’m full of holes but strong as steel. What am I? Answer: A chain.
20. I sit above you without judging you and can protect you and keep you warm. What am I? Answer: A hat.
21. I possess a halo of water, walls of stone, and a tongue of wood. Long I have stood; what am I? Answer: Castle.
22. I have many faces, expressions, and emotions, and I am usually right at your fingertips. What am I? Answer: Emojis.
23. I have a face and hands but my hands can never touch my face. What am I? Answer: A clock.
24. I get shorter as I get older. What am I? Answer: A candle.
25. I can heal and kill without touching you. What am I? Answer: Time.
26. I can be long or can be short, I can be black, white, brown, or purple. You can find me the world over and I am often the main feature. What am I? Answer: Rice.
27. You are in a room that is completely bricked in on all four sides, including the ceiling and floor. You have nothing but a mirror and a wooden table in the room with you. How do you get out? Answer: You look in the mirror you see what you saw, you take the saw and you cut the table in half, two halves make a whole, and you climb out the hole.
28. When is the only time that today and tomorrow come before yesterday? Answer: In a Dictionary.
29. When does 11 + 3 = 2? Answer: on a clock.
30. What is there one in every corner and two in every room? Answer: The letter O.
31. What is stronger than steel but can’t handle the sun? Answer: Ice.
32. What is it that no one wants, but no one wants to lose? Answer: A lawsuit.
33. What is it that given one, you’ll have either two or none? Answer: A choice.
34. What is able to go up a chimney when down but unable to go down a chimney when up? Answer: An umbrella.
35. What has roots that no one sees and looms much taller than trees? Up it goes but yet it never grows; what is it? Answer: Mountain.
36. What has left but no branches? Answer: A book.
37. What has fifteen diamonds but isn’t rich? Answer: A deck of cards.
38. What can run but never walk, have a mouth but never talk, have a head that never weeps, and a bed that never sleeps? Answer: A river.
39. What can cut like a knife, sting like a bee, or bite like a lion? Carry truth and lies but never move or speak. What are we? Answer: Words.
40. What can bring tears to your eyes, make you move faster, make you move slower, and knock you over? Answer: The wind.
41. Two fathers and two sons come home from the mall. Yet when they arrive home, only three people get out of the car. How is this possible? Answer: They are a grandfather, father, and son.
42. Three playing cards in a row. Can you name them with these clues? There is a two to the right of a king. A diamond will be found to the left of a spade. An ace is to the left of a heart. A heart is to the left of a spade. Now, identify all three cards. Answer: Ace of Diamonds, King of Hearts, Two of Spades.