Grow your knowledge with the help of the below easy and hard geography riddles with answers.
Geography Riddles With Answers For Kids And Students
1. To which country does the Baja, California peninsula belong? Answer: Mexico
2. My people are descendants of the Aztecs and the Mayas. What country am I in? Answer: Mexico
3. I see an ocean but no water. Where am I? Answer: In front of a world map.
4. I have forests, but no trees. I have lakes, but no water. I have roads, but no cars. What Am I? Answer: A Map
5. I am the 11th most populated country in the world. My native language is Spanish. I am home to the 18,000-foot volcano, Pico de Orizaba. What am I? Answer: Mexico
Also get: Food Riddles
6. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world? Answer: Mt. Everest. It just wasn’t discovered yet.
7. Apart from the United States of America, which other country in the world is officially named “The United States”? Answer: Mexico. (The official name of Mexico is the United States of Mexico.)
8. A river that flows from Colorado to the Gulf. I have a Mexican name. At 1,800 miles long I am one of the principal rivers of North America. I am not the Mississippi. What am I? Answer: The Rio Grande
9. Who built and lived in Teotihuacan, the most impressive pre-Columbian Mesoamerican city? Answer: The Mayans
10. What is the most populous Spanish-speaking country in the world? Answer: Mexico
11. What do you call a father who was kidnapped? Answer: A Baghdad
12. What did Brazilian coffee say to Indonesian coffee? Answer: “What’s Sumatra with you?”
13. This is an area with little rain. So you’re unlikely to see many trees. Kalahari, Negev, Atacama. Gobi and Sahara what are all these? Answer: They are deserts
14. The thunder comes before the lightning, And the lightning comes before the cloud, The rain dries all the land it touches, Wrapping the earth in a blood-red shroud. What am I? Answer: A volcano.
15. I’m a country made up of many islands but I’m not Greece. I have a red and white flag but I’m not England. I’m in Asia but Im, not in Indonesia. I have popular cuisine but I’m not China. I’m where you might sing karaoke but I’m not South Korea. Answer: Japan
16. Africa, Europe, and Australia. North and South America but not least. There is also the largest continent. Which on a map can be found in the east. Answer: Asia
17. Where will you find roads without cars, forests without trees, and cities without houses? Answer: Map
18. Where do brains go for vacation in Massachusetts? Answer: Braintree, MA
19. What’s the worst thing that can happen to a geography teacher? Answer: Getting lost
20. What was the biggest island in the world before the discovery of Australia by Captain Cook? Answer: Australia was always the biggest island in the world, even before it was discovered.
21. What did the Icelandic Volcano say to the earthquake? Answer: ‘It’s not my fault.’
22. Through the middle of this continent. Runs the line of the equator. It contains more than fifty countries. Which continent is it? Answer: Africa
23. This place has a lot of history Including the Ming Dynasty. Shanghai is its largest city. Pottery and art are found in plenty. What country is it? Answer: China