Grow your knowledge with the help of the below easy and hard famous riddles with answers.
Famous Riddles With Answers For Kids And Students
1. There is a house. A person enters this house blind but exits it seeing. What is it? Answer: A school
2. The sun bakes them, The hand breaks them, The foot treads on them, And the mouth tastes them. What are they? Answer: Grapes.
3. Out of the eater, something to eat; out of the strong, something sweet. (Judges 14:14) Answer: Bees that were making a honeycomb inside a lion’s carcass. Samson had killed the lion.
4. My tines are long. My tines are short. My tines end ere. My first report. What am I? Answer: Lightning.
Also get: Boat Riddles
5. Look at me. I can bring a smile to your face, A tear to your eye, Or even a thought to your mind. But, I can’t be seen. What am I? Answer: Memories.
6. I soar without wings, I see without eyes. I’ve traveled the universe to and fro. I’ve conquered the world, yet I’ve never been anywhere but home. Who am I? Answer: Imagination.
7. I look at you, you look at me I raise my right, and you raise your left What is this object? Answer: Mirror.
8. Four hang, four sprang, two-point the way, two to ward off dogs, one dangles after, always rather dirty. What am I? Answer: A cow
9. As I walked along the path I saw something with four fingers and one thumb, but it was not flesh, fish, bone, or fowl. Answer: Glove.
10. A precious stone, as clear as a diamond. Seek it out whilst the sun’s near the horizon. Though you can walk on water with its power, Try to keep it, and it’ll vanish within an hour. Answer: Ice.
11. What we caught, we threw away. We kept what we didn’t catch. What was it that we kept? Answer: Lice
12. What walks on 4 legs when it is morning, on 2 legs at noon, and on 3 legs in the evening? Answer: Human. As an infant, a man crawls on 4 legs; as an adult, he walks on two legs and as an elderly citizen he walks with a cane hence the three legs.
13. What goes up the hill and down the hill, And spite of all, yet standeth still? Answer: Road.
14. There was a greenhouse. Inside the greenhouse, there was a white house. Inside the white house, there was a red house. Inside the red house, there were lots of babies. What is it? Answer: Watermelon.
15. The root tops the trunk on this backward thing, that grows in the winter and dies in the spring. Answer: Icicle.
16. Imagine you are in a dark room. How do you get out? Answer: Stop imagining.
17. If you have me, you want to share me. If you share me, you haven’t got me. What am I? Answer: Secret.
18. I’m tall when I’m young and I’m short when I’m old. What am I? Answer: Candle.
19. I am an odd number. Take away a letter and I become even. What number am I? Answer: Seven.
20. You can drop me from the tallest building and I’ll be fine, but if you drop me in the water I die. What am I? Answer: Paper.
21. Which creature walks on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and three legs in the evening? Answer: Man. He crawls on all fours as a baby, then walks on two feet as an adult, and then walks with a cane as an old man.
22. What is in seasons, seconds, centuries, and minutes, but not in decades, years, or days? Answer: The letter “N”.
23. What invention lets you look right through a wall? Answer: Window.
24. What has to be broken before you use it? Answer: Egg.