Grow your knowledge with the help of the below easy and hard detective riddles with answers.
Detective Riddles With Answers For Kids And Students
1. A policeman found a dead person in the middle of the desert. There were no footprints around him. Who would be the prime suspect? Answer: Someone in a wheelchair
2. A man was found dead out in a field of snow. The only tracks that were left were a set of footprints between two parallel lines. Who should the police be looking for? Answer: A man in a wheelchair.
3. A man returned his cup of tea because there was a fly in it. However, he becomes furious when he is given the same cup of tea back. How did he know it was the same cup of tea? Answer: Because he had added sugar – if it was a new cup of tea, it wouldn’t have any sugar in it.
4. A man is marooned on a desert island. One day, the wind starts blowing from the west, and lightning causes a fire to start in the forest. Cliffs surround the island, so the man can’t escape. What does he do? Answer: He starts a fire in the east of the island and shelters there once it has burnt out.
Also get: Death Riddles
5. A man is locked in jail. His cell has a dirt floor and a window high up on the wall. There’s also a shovel in the cell. How does he escape? Answer: He makes a pile of dirt that can reach the window and climbs out that way.
6. A killer told a detective that he would commit his next crime in the only place in Paris where you couldn’t see the Eiffel Tower. How did the detective end up catching him? Answer: The criminal was hiding in the Eiffel Tower itself.
7. A detective who was mere days from cracking an international smuggling ring has suddenly gone missing. While inspecting his last-known location, you find a note: 710 57735 34 5508 51 7718 Currently there are 3 suspects: Bill, John, and Todd. Can you break the detective’s code and find the criminal’s name? Answer: The criminal is Bill. If you look at the note upside down, you’ll notice that the numbers resemble letters and that those letters form legible sentences. The message is “Bill is boss. He sells oil.”
8. A couple went on a climbing trip. But only the husband returned from the vacation and said that his wife slipped off while climbing and died. On investigating, the local sheriff arrested him saying, “Your travel agent called. You murdered your wife.” The man did not inform anyone about the trip. Then how did the agent was so sure that it is a murder? Answer: The man bought only a one-way ticket for his wife whereas he bought a two-way ticket for himself. It means that he was sure that he will be returning alone.
9. You arrive at a murder scene where a man is hanging from the ceiling with nothing around him other than a large pool of water. How did the man die? Answer: He was standing on a block of ice, and it melted.
10. Why did a woman call the police over a man who knocked on her door and claimed that he thought the room was his? Answer: If it was his room, he wouldn’t have knocked.
11. What did the detective do when he didn’t believe the librarian’s story? Answer: He booked her!
12. Two chickens were found dead on the farm. What does the detective suspect? Answer: Fowl play
13. There were three men swimming in the sea. When the coastguard called them to the beach, only two of the men had wet hair. Why? Answer: The third man was bald.
14. On a cold winter day, there was a man standing in front of someone’s house. He didn’t move until the spring, and the owner didn’t mind. Eventually, the man left. Who was he? Answer: A snowman