Grow your knowledge with the help of the below easy and hard ancient riddles with answers.
Ancient Riddles With Answers For Kids
1. I am clever and brave. Some call me “nobody” and my son searched for me for many years. Who am? Answer: Odysseus
2. I am powerful but I am afraid my children will grow up and overthrow me. My son is Zeus and my wife tricked me into saving his life. Who am I? Answer: Cronos
3. I am the goddess of the seasons and harvest. I turned the world into winter when my daughter was kidnapped. Who am I? Answer: Answer
Also get: River Riddles
4. I am very curious. Zeus created me and gave me something very special to guard. But my curiosity got the best of me. Who am I? Answer: Pandora
5. I carry the world on my shoulders after trying to overthrow the mighty, powerful Zeus. Who am I? Answer: Atlas
6. I have the atomic symbol Hg but I’m not hydrogen. I’m a metal but I’m not gold. I’m a liquid but I’m not solder. I’m a Roman god but I’m not Apollo. I’m a planet but I’m not Mars. Answer: Mercury
7. I’m named after a Roman God, I’m the fourth planet from the Sun, I am known as the red planet, and have two moons rather than one. Answer: Mars
8. Thirty white horses on a red hill: first they champ, then they stamp, then they stand still. What are they? Answer: Teeth
9. Who built and lived in Teotihuacan, the most impressive pre-Columbian Mesoamerican city? Answer: The Mayans
10. A man kisses his daughter, then regrets it. Answer: The man is King Midas.
11. Four hang, four sprang, two-point the way, two to ward off dogs, one dangles after, always rather dirty. What is it? Answer: Cow
12. How many of each species did Moses take on the ark with him? Answer: None. Moses wasn’t on the ark, Noah was.
Ancient Riddles With Answers For Students
13. I am a magical creature with the power of flight. I was wild and free for many years until Zeus brought me to the heavens. Who am I? Answer: Pegasus
14. I am the god of commerce, the Protector of thieves, I am the messenger of the gods. Who am I? Answer: Hermes
15. I am a patron of truth, God of the sun, and Messenger of the gods. Who am I? Answer: Apollo
16. I gave horses to men, I control earthquakes, and I am the god of the sea. Who am I? Answer: Poseidon
17. I knew that disease came from natural causes, I am the “Father of Scientific Medicine, and I created the Hippocratic Oath. Who am I? Answer: Hippocrates
18. Why was the Egyptian kid confused? Answer: Because his daddy was a mummy!
19. Why don’t the ancient Egyptians take vacations? Answer: The mummies are afraid to relax and unwind!
20. Why can’t King Tut dance? Answer: He’s all wrapped up!
21. Which Egyptian God is terrible at video games? Answer: Anubis. (ANOOBis)
22. What goes on four legs in the morning, two legs at noon, and three in the evening? Answer: Human
23. They are not wounded, but are covered and dressed in rolls and rolls of bandages. They are not alive but can cast magic spells and bring you bad luck. What are they? Answer: Mummy
Image source: freepik.com